A Centre Manager (CM) is overall responsible for the success of the centre through his/her strong leadership ability. The CM should focus 80% on SALES and 20% overseeing the operations.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Receptionist, Canteen Operator, Cleaners and gardener.
Centre Manager is responsible for or must:
- Have a clear focus on generating profitable new sales and converting web leads.
- Retaining existing clients (lease renewals)and upgrading existing clients where possible (expansion)
- Managers the entire sales cycle from lead/enquiry, centre tour, follow up activity and closing client
- Drives profitability in the centre by selling all products effectively and consistently (Office, On The Move options, parking, beverage etc)
- Through excellent relationships with existing clients CM should get lead generation and referrals
- Effectively managers the sales pipeline, active follow up, prompt replies and urgency to close the deal
- Proactively managers the renewal process for existing clients, maintains existing clients and encourages expansion of existing clients where necessary
- CM is accountable for the Centre Profitability, Centre Performance and Centre Success.
- Managers the fingerprint security system with the CLA
- Overseas the operations of the centre, including: repairs, maintenance, globe replacements along with the CLA. (20% is CM focus)
- Deals with maintenance suppliers, plumbers etc (20% focus CLA mostly responsible)
- Oversees that centre staff are adhering the dress code policy as set out in the policies and procedures
- Ensures the centre team is delivering exceptional customer service and client’s needs are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Conducts meetings to brief the team on daily workflow, prioritizing and delegating to the centre team in order to meet deadlines and customer needs
- Clear communication with team on the performance of the centre, setting individual targets and team objectives
- Ensure front of house (along with CLA), housekeeping (along with CLA), health and safety, visual and brand company standards are delivered and maintained.
- Builds, managers, motivates and develops the centre team and their performance
- Oversees/authorise staff attendance and leave etc (CLA responsible for attendance register and leave documents)
- Partially assists with boardroom bookings/cancellations (along with CLA & Receptionist)
- Ensures tenants contracts are up to date
- Canteen profit and loss, and the processes around the running of the canteen (delegating tasks to CLA, Receptionist and Canteen Representative
- Oversee the stocking of the canteen and purchasing of hot meals are done correctly
- Be a role model to his/her team
- Sign off on rent roll list monthly (presented by CLA)
- Know what is going on in centre – complaints, queries or compliments (daily discussion with CLA)
- Thoroughly understand all positions within the centre, if ever it is required for the CM to fill in the CM must know every detail of the position
- CM is a backup to CLA in the instance of client complaints or will actively get involved if decisions are not within the CLA’s decision making level
Key Performance Requirements:
- Previous experience within a sales role – selling service solutions through direct sales or business to business sales
- Proven track record within a sales environment – evidence of objection handling, prospecting and negotiation skills
- Professional and clear communication skills coupled with the ability to network at a high level and build strong business relationships
- Proven success in meeting achieving new sales and the ability to meet and exceed targets
- Proven ability to execute daily closing of sales (new or expansion)
- Ability to generate new sales from networking, cold calling etc
- Previous experience managing and motivating a team and encouraging consistently high performance.
- Experience in account management and problem solving
- Customer focus with the ability to build long-term relationships
- Take ownership of internal Office and Co. reports and systems
- Operations experience3 and management experience is a must
- Experience within a serviced office or service related industry an advantage
- Degree or diploma (not essential)
- Proven track record preparing and managing budgets, utilising and understanding Profit and Loss reports to control and take corrective action as required
- Oversee the monthly rent roll list for accounts (along with CLA)
- Oversee / Assist with the launching of the Functions Venue
- PACE & AMBITION – Someone that is passionate about what they do and act promptly to achieve their goals
- INSPIRING AND LEADING OTHERS – inspires and leads individuals toward higher levels of performance
- CUSTOMER FOCUS – Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of all customers (Under promise and over deliver)
- COMMERCIAL AWARENESS – Understands how business works and understands and applies commercial and financial principles
- ACHIEVEMENT DRIVEN – Seizes opportunities to achieve and exceed both business and personal objectives
- RESULTS ORIENTATED – Does what he/she says the will do! Commitment to delivering results and success
- COLLABORATION – Working effectively and cooperatively with others building good working relationships and actively participating as a team member to move toward the completion of growth